The Kea's Nest

The Kea is a well known, cheeky, mountain parrot from New Zealand. What better name to take for myself to comment on the funny drawings I find online?

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Livejournal Whore

You know, I think I like reading young miss Kate Ditzler's posts at Fleen. Why? Because she seems to have a large focus on running the internet through her livejournal, as do I.

I admit that she hasn't made a huge number of posts on the subject, but when she does she makes some good strong points from the perspective of someone who spends time using Livejournal.

She pointed out the magnificence of Kawaii Not to me, which has just recently begun it's own fully fledged website. You can still rely on the LJ feed if you want though.

On one of her more recent posts I made a comment that some webcomics around the place seem to be getting into the swing of icon viral marketing because I saw an icon for the Coffee Outage strip at Yirmumah. But then when I tried to find the link, it had vanished. I even started to write a comment over at Yirmumah's website, wondering what had happened.

Then I found it.

Like the best icons, it had been made by someone who reads the comic and decided that the funny had to be distilled and taken to further corners of the internet. The guy from Livejournal, Allah_Sulu, does read webcomics, though he focuses on other things. He has made an icon that goes with Goats (in that it matches a t-shirt they sell, not really based on the comic strip itself). And he has created a very useful program called Allah_Sulu's Massive Tool which he uses to read his webcomics all together. Some day I might try getting it to use for that purpose too.

Finally, I found that Least I Could Do has a well stocked avatar page that could work wonderfully for livejournal icons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home