The Kea's Nest

The Kea is a well known, cheeky, mountain parrot from New Zealand. What better name to take for myself to comment on the funny drawings I find online?

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Mywife's family would love this.

Why did no-one tell me about this!?

It's one thing to have actual physical books of comics that I can leave around the house. They are great to read when I don't want to pick up one of the numerous novels that clutter the surfaces too, but others generally flick through them without much attention.

Some people let out a little yelp of recognition for the big names, like Andy Capp or Garfield.

However, I don't think they'd be fussed on any webcomic book I managed to find unless it was outstanding (Which the ones I'd buy would be, but I have limited resources...). But if I got them to play a game...

Of course I've seen this once before, with the Penny Arcade cards that work with Sabretooth's fighting system, but what I like about Get Nifty (from the .pdfs of the rules anyway) is the way it lends itself to imagining outlandish scenarios.

So, this is some of that more interesting merchandising that I like. T-shirts are well and good but i'm not likely to buy one because I have plenty. Books are the basics. Card games, stuffed animals and the like? Way cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home