The Kea's Nest

The Kea is a well known, cheeky, mountain parrot from New Zealand. What better name to take for myself to comment on the funny drawings I find online?

Friday, July 07, 2006

Dangerous

For a cartoon whose motto apears to be the barmy and affable Caution: Dangerous When Awesome Joe and Monkey has taken rather a dark turn with this business of revenge from Kleptobot. Today's kidnapping of a young girl captures the point exactly.

I'm not saying that Miller intends for us to assume the worst of what is happening. This isn't the recent girly/rape thing again. This is just a dark tone that is rather unsettling. As Girly went on to show that the darkness wasn't quite what some may have thought, I expect this to move back out into a lighter phase eventually.

Until then, I'll think hard about that motto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home