The Kea's Nest

The Kea is a well known, cheeky, mountain parrot from New Zealand. What better name to take for myself to comment on the funny drawings I find online?

Monday, July 10, 2006

Galaxy Convey? Seriously?

I can't remember whether it was in one of the sdiebars that go with Home on the Strange or on his LiveJournal but I remember reading an essay by Ferrett recently that talked a bit about gags in comics online. He wrote about how he had been writing to set up the punchline just like so many classic newspaper strips had (and influenced him in the process). But he had realised that there is no real need to wait til then to include funny and you did just as well putting jokes wherever they worked.

I think today's Shortpacked is an example of that. The actions of the unnamed chick, the facial expressions, and then finally the three outbursts all focused on different things. I was chuckling by the time I read the words Galaxy Convey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home