The Kea's Nest

The Kea is a well known, cheeky, mountain parrot from New Zealand. What better name to take for myself to comment on the funny drawings I find online?

Monday, July 03, 2006

Mondays always slow over here. Everyone else is still on weekend.

Nothing much to say really. I just noticed that my Sluggy feed hadn't been updating (neither has my Perry Bible Fellowship) and what does that say about my priorities?

--

I was impressed to see the peanuts spoof on PVP towards the end of last week (so I guess I should have mentioned it then...). And not just because this one made me guffaw.

When I read webcomics I notice that some seem to take shortcuts (totally understandable IMO) and reuse templates or something. But by so accurately translating his characters into Schulz style, Kurtz was letting himself show off a little bit of the artistic skill he's worked on over his time doing webcomics. And that's nice every now and then.

It seemed like the sort of mimicry we might expect from Checkerboard Nightmare, kudos PVP.

--

This is a good idea. Not only because I'm starting my teacher training in a few weeks but because... Well, alright, that is the main reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home