The Kea's Nest

The Kea is a well known, cheeky, mountain parrot from New Zealand. What better name to take for myself to comment on the funny drawings I find online?

Friday, July 07, 2006

People don't think you can write about fiction that hasn't happened to you? Isn't that, y'know, part of the definition?

I admit it. I don't actually read most of the Dinosaur Comics. I tend to glance at them and move on. Glancing at a static image comic might seem like a bad idea, but because of the way North distinguishes between offstage characters via fonts and includes titles and narration sometimes, you can get an idea of just how loony the comic is or how much it plays with a concept just from that glance.

It's a good thing I paid attention today. The novel concept that T-Rex outlines is something that I would absolutely love to read, it reminds meof the concepts behind such stories as The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or Without a Clue.

Speaking as someone who likes books, a novel like this would be like some form of crack, I can just iamgine it now. Is North going to do it? Or do I have to find someone else to provide for me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home