The Kea's Nest

The Kea is a well known, cheeky, mountain parrot from New Zealand. What better name to take for myself to comment on the funny drawings I find online?

Monday, July 17, 2006

Three for one

Man, I've been running around getting ready for a new semester and didn't get a change to link to a few poignant cartoons on friday.

I was going to mention Bunny's timely and thought provoking cartoon that seems directly related to the current/continuing violence surrounding Israel. I figured I'd leave my own comments on the situation out of it for now. The cartoon carries all the important things.

But Kate got to it first anyway.

--

There is something about this particular A Softer World comic that touches me. I think it manages to capture some of the confusion modern men might feel, unsure of how they should relate to woman, stereotyped into a sexual relationship but aware of so much more.

It makes me think of the way people accuse me of flirting with people but I feel like I'm just being a friend. I've never had anyone on the receiving end claim I was flirting, so I've not worried about it but it seems like a dischord in the way society operates.

--

Finally, a bunch of storylines come together at Medium Large, revealing that the pill people go around making drastic changes to comic strips to improve them. I love their idea of shifting the focus of the Garfield comic to Lyman myself.

2 Comments:

At 1:16 am, Blogger Francesco Marciuliano said...

Thank you very much for all your support for (and mentions of) "Medium Large"! It means a lot!

 
At 1:27 pm, Blogger The Kea said...

You're most welcome, I really enjoy reading it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home