The Kea's Nest

The Kea is a well known, cheeky, mountain parrot from New Zealand. What better name to take for myself to comment on the funny drawings I find online?

Friday, August 18, 2006

It'd be tought to choose just one character... I'm leaning towards Mr. Glass right now.

Snakes on a Plane, really doesn't seem that enthralling. I mean, not as a movie. For some reason we've all latched onto it (is it just because it has Samuel L. Jackson? He is pretty damn awesome after all) but I'm not likely to go see it at the cinema (given my budget allowed me to see one moive in the last six months...).

It's made for some neat running gags and little in jokes that aren't fundamental to a strip, which is nice. That sort of whimsy that the internet does so well. But, like those Chuck Norris and Vin Diesel jokes, it gets old remarkably quickly. Mr. Brazelton gets it right in his blog with this Theater Hopper comic, the film didin't actually match pace with the spreading of the meme and now it's just a bit sad.

Of course, that doesn't stop me grinning when I see the latest Popcorn Picnic (which I can't directly link to for some reason...), a fill-in-the-blanks contest to win a Samuel L. Jackson character drawing from Mr. Shadoian. Regardless of Snakes on a Plane, Jackson is cool and having some 'to spec' cartooning done would be briliant.

There seem to be two ways to win (two winners or one but two paths?), one being the most accurate to Jackson the other being the funniest. See you in the winners circle.

2 Comments:

At 8:35 pm, Blogger Chris Shadoian Fossett said...

Now that would be one fine _______________ choice, my friend.

And all you other _______________s? I think it's time you got off your _________s and entered.

 
At 9:55 pm, Blogger The Kea said...

I'm glad to hear that the movie was actually not too bad. I've been hearing that a lot and it makes me feel happy.

Also, must remember to actuallly DO my entry...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home