The Kea's Nest

The Kea is a well known, cheeky, mountain parrot from New Zealand. What better name to take for myself to comment on the funny drawings I find online?

Sunday, January 07, 2007

I am curious about that girlfriend's comment though.

It's been a long time and my analysis skills are rusty.

But I love Elf Only Inn. It's gone through so many changes in style and yet each time it brings something that is quality, even when it was cutouts.

And the current incarnation, as players in a MMORPG rather than people talking about each other in a chatroom, has created an absolutely massive space for possibilities of deception and intrigue.

We are watching players betray each other all over. One of the aspects that makes it most interesting is the 'real world' effect on the game, the livejournal posts, the phonecall to Woot.

The revalation that he is playing, on a different server, already is... Great. I don't know what other word to use.

But I am very curious to find out who Barbi is and why she wants a Dungeon Boss to use (other than raw power. Which may in fact be the only motivation).

There are plenty of comics that have been building stories that really get you on the edge of your seat recently, but Elf Only Inn has me.

2 Comments:

At 2:12 pm, Blogger tedzsee said...

I just read the latest Elf Only Inn just to see what all your fuss is about.

Erm, I don't understand half the words in the comic.

 
At 10:53 pm, Blogger The Kea said...

I'm nto sure what to say... A lot of it is stuff you'd need to know the situation for, where they are, what's going on, who everybody is and their histories.

I'd thoroghly recommend starting at the beginning and reading through. It's a long long read but worth it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home