The Kea's Nest

The Kea is a well known, cheeky, mountain parrot from New Zealand. What better name to take for myself to comment on the funny drawings I find online?

Thursday, April 20, 2006

A couple of addenda.

Immediately after my last post I began to think about the implications of the man who killed a young girl. I myself have a little girl who is just more than two and the thought of her being snatched off the street brings a sick dread to my throat. So I wanted to make sure it didn't sound like I was simply pointing at an event and then dismissing it.

That in mind I don't think there are any particular implications for this. It's not the first time I've heard of or seen a blog by someone who did something terrible and I'll bet it's not the first time for most of you either. People always find things to blame these events on, be it violent TV, violent games or fantasy games. The fact that this guy enjoyed reading a few webcomics didn't actually rate a mention in the CNN story and I doubt it will come up in any other conversations.

My only concern is for people who make webcomics like Chopping Block. Will their audience suddenly feel more self concious about their reading material? Will the artists decide they feel uncomfortable providing potential ideas to the audience? I hope not.


Quickly, secondly, Gordon McAlpin tells me that Stripped Books and Multiplex were part of one website but that the audience showed very little overlap. So, I guess my hunch was off. Apparently Stripped Books will taking some form of break. I hope it doesn't last too long. In the meantime, keep reading Multiplex.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home